User-centered design means design based on users.
- Design is based upon understanding of users, tasks and environments.
- Users are involved throughout design and development.
- Design is driven and refined by user-centered evaluation.
- Design addresses the whole user experience.
Understand the context: Primary users; Why will they use the product; Requirements; Environment.
User analysis: Granular requirements of the product; (Help the designers to) Create storyboards and set important goals.
Design: Iterative process of product design and development.
Evaluation: Perform usability testing to get feedback at every stage of UCD.
(Iterate until user requirements are satisfied.)
- Effectiveness: the usability and completeness with which users achieve certain goals. (over-covering with the task with as few negative consequences as possible)
- Efficiency: the resource used in relation to the result achieved. (time, physical and mental effort, money)
- Satisfaction: perception and reaction of a person resulting from the use of a system of a product or service. (emotions, ideas, presferences, comfort)